Monday, July 11, 2005

Jamie Oliver's new "online" book

I have been getting emails from various people with a word document containing a new Jamie Oliver cookbook. The grapevine has it that someone at the publisher's transferred it to Word when it was ready to go to the printer's, and emailed it to a friend... and its now being emailed all over. I guess we can assume that person will be maybe getting sued, and probably not working in publishing ever again!

I've had a look at it, its very Jamie in tone. Quite good, with lots of nice photos.

I generally don't mind burning CDs and so on, but I do feel a bit sorry for him. How embarrassing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Justine said...

I love how you other bloggers are simply not interested enough in Jamie Oliver's welfare to make a comment here. I thoroughly approve!

8:18 pm  
Blogger special k said...

oh the poor guy! I wonder how far along it was in the editing process...if it was just a rough draft or if it had already been through several edits. curious. I'd be fuming if I were him! :-/

p.s. - like the dots on your background! :-)

4:27 pm  
Blogger Justine said...

It has quite a few photos in it - I think it was actually ready to print!

6:40 pm  
Blogger special k said...

huh! & yeah I'd actually like that! lol as terrible as it seems! STKL1229@yahoo.com (doesn't have to be all caps) :-) thanks!

2:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home